The Women’s Veteran Movement advocates for positive changes aimed at:
- Ensuring gender equality in the Security and Defense Sector of Ukraine
- Development of policies of the Security and Defense Sector of Ukraine taking into account the gender sensitive needs of women and men. Providing adequate medical and logistical support.
- Strengthening the social protection of women veterans
- Opening of all positions for women in the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- Professional selection in the Security and Defense Sector
Advocacy campaign ‘Providing women veterans and current servicemen with much needed medical care’
Non-compliance of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine’s health care system with NATO Doctrine.
To harmonize the health care system of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine in accordance with the NATO Doctrine.
Resolve gender-sensitive health issues, namely:
- Compliance with the filling of the military medical form
- Access to highly specialized doctors, funds and appropriate treatment for specific female and male diseases.
- On July 17 and 18, the IX Online Congress of the Women Veterans Movement ‘CyberZlet’ took place online, where women veterans from all over Ukraine gathered to outline issues relevant to their community and find ways to solve them. Consequently the online congress, the Resolution was formed: http://nova.net.ua/kiberzlet-veteranok-uchasnytsi-zhinochoho-veteranskoho-rukhu-vcherhove-zustrilysia-zadlia-vyrishennia-spilnykh-problem/
- On September 25, the Women’s Veterans Movement and MPs from MFO «Equal Opportunities» initiated a round table on ‘Gender-sensitive approach to military health’. The purpose of the event was to raise the issue of ensuring the proper provision of medical services to women and men during military service. During the round table, the main problems in the provision of medical assistance to women and men in the military were identified: https://mva.gov.ua/ua/news/v-ukrayini-pidnyali-pitannya-zabezpechennya-veteranok-nalezhnim-medichnim-obslugovuvannyam